Friday, September 4, 2009

Good Bye, Lowe Place.

Here are some pictures of our last few days on Lowe Place, a home that will always be a very special one to our family...





(at the very top of the picture below, you'll see what Craig left behind...)


I must say, it was very sad when it was time to drive away from our home on Lowe Place. This October would have been 5 years that we have lived in that house. It is where Craig and I started our lives together, welcomed our doggy Gus into our family, said a tearful good bye to eachother for a 15 month deployment, welcomed our beautiful son, Sam, into the world, made some amazing friends, and so much more...I could go on and on :) I just didn't realize how much it felt like home to me until it was time to go. Although we were ready for the next chapter, it was certainly a bittersweet goodbye for everyone in our family.

The last memory I have before driving off is a great one...Craig and Sam found a HUGE tree in front of our house - it must be hundreds of years old! - Craig tossed his boots up as high as he could until they clung to the tree...we are hoping they will stay there for many years to come. I think it was Craig's way of keeping a part of him at Fort Riley - good closure :)

We'll miss you, Lowe Place!

No comments: